ORLAND, IN - Multiple units responded to what is being reported as an electrical fire at Chubby’s restaurant located in Orland, Indiana.
Crews on the scene say a wall socket began smoking on the wall and was apparently smoldering. Quick action by employees and local firefighters were able to contain the blaze. An interior wall had to be ripped into order to stop more damage.
Early reports indicate that no one was injured as a result of this incident.
Chubby’s Fish & Steak, a restaurant favorite in the community, has been locally owned by Kellie and Kevin Kain for over 30 years. Employees, family, and friends gathered outside the restaurant showing support to the Kain family.
(09-26-2020) 2020 United Way Radiothon Take In over $101,000
(09-25-2020) Rep. Jim Banks Announces Service Academy Day on October 31st
(09-25-2020) Blue Ribbon Schools Award Winners Receive Congratulations
(09-25-2020) AG Curtis Hill’s Proposed Data Protection Safe Harbor Rule
(09-25-2020) Indiana Enters Stage 5 Reopening on Saturday
(09-25-2020) Area Unemployment Rates Drop in Michigan Counties
(09-25-2020) Multi-State High Speed Chase Ends in Angola
(09-25-2020) On-line Tool to Track School COVID-19 Cases is Coming Soon
(09-24-2020) WVCF Facility Staff Receive Appreciation Meal
(09-24-2020) Lilly Grant to Fund Extended Reality Technology at Trine
(09-23-2020) Fort Wayne Walk to End Alzheimer’s
(09-23-2020) TrineOnline Degree Programs Now Available Through INTraining
(09-23-2020) Enjoy Fall Fun and Halloween Events, Starting Now
(09-23-2020) CARES Funds Money Being Used on Several Angola Buildings